Qualified Jacksonville veterans can receive free help with their tax preparation at City Hall, 117 W. Duval Street, Suite 175.
An IRS-certified volunteer income tax coach from MyFreeTaxes.com will be at City Hall from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday through Friday to assist veterans in preparing their own income tax returns. The free service will be offered through June 20, 2015. Veterans must have made $60,000 or less in 2014 to qualify for this free tax preparation service.
Veterans need the following:
- Basic computer skills to input your information
- Email address (to receive updates on the status of your return after you e-file)
- Photo ID
- Social Security cards for themselves, spouses and dependents
- Income information – W-2, 1099 form
- Adjusted gross income amount from 2013 tax return
- Bank account information for faster refunds through direct deposit
If filing a joint return, both spouses must be present to file.
Veterans wanting to take advantage of this free tax service should call (904) 630-3680 to make an appointment.
Veterans that made $60,000 or less in 2014 and don’t want to come to City Hall for assistance can also get free tax preparation help online at MyFreeTaxes.com. A free helpline is also available at 1-855-My-Tx-Help (1-855-698-9435).