- This event has passed.
FSCJ “Form Your Future,” FAFSA Completion Event
April 6, 2019 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Florida State College at Jacksonville (FSCJ), in partnership with the University of North Florida, Duval County Public Schools, Nassau County School District, Year Up Jacksonville, City Year Jacksonville and JAXUSA Partnership, will host Form Your Future, a free event designed to help college-bound students complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form.
Form Your Future, an Earn Up initiative, provides all incoming students and/or their parents/guardians with in-person, admissions and financial aid guidance as they prepare for the transition to college. Attendees will also have the opportunity to apply for scholarships onsite.
Professional financial aid staff and counselors will be on hand to help with all stages of the application process. In order to complete the FAFSA, parents and students should bring the following:
· Social Security number, driver’s license or alien registration card
· 2017 IRS 1040 or latest tax return and W-2 statements
· Federal Student Aid ID (Don’t have one? Create one at fsaid.ed.gov.)
Featured sessions include:
· Financial Aid 101: Learn about eligibility guidelines, application processes and responsible use of financial aid.
· FAFSA and FSA ID Completion Assistance: Request a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA) and complete the FAFSA with assistance from experienced staff and volunteers.
· College and Scholarship Application Assistance: Receive guidance on completing and submitting college and scholarship applications.
· Plan for Career and Financial Success: Gain valuable insights from the FSCJ Foundation about searching and applying for college scholarships. Hear from Earn Up/JAXUSA about in-demand skills and high-growth job opportunities in northeast Florida.
· Gap Year: Exploring Work-Based Learning Opportunities: Hear from City Year Jacksonville and Year Up Jacksonville staff and students about the opportunity to participate in an engaging, yearlong work-based learning program.
For more information, visit.